A home inspection is a visual, non-invasive inspection of a property. We have to remember that we are a guest in someone else’s home; therefore we cannot tear into their walls or rip up their flooring. We will look at anything and everything that we can safely inspect. Below are the areas that are included in a standard home inspection…
- Exterior – Includes the grounds, garage, exterior hard surfaces and exterior façade.
- Roof – Includes roof covering, roof drainage, flashing and chimneys.
- Interior – Includes windows, doors, fireplace, kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms and laundry area.
- Structure – The structure includes the basement and/or crawlspace, foundation, framed structure, and attic.
- Mechanical – Includes the heating distribution system, ventilation system, condenser or heat pump and furnace or air handler.
- Electrical – Includes the service entry, distribution panel, branch wiring, fixtures, receptacles and switches.
- Plumbing – Includes all water distribution, gas distribution, sanitary, ventilation, fixtures, hose bibs and hot water heaters.
Other Services Offered (additional fees apply)
- Radon Inspections
- Wood Destroying Insect Inspections